- on this Website;
- while you use any of our products and services, including our mobile sites and applications; any content of, features of, and/or services made available on or through, this Website, including but not limited to our API, our software (including but not limited to any browser extensions) and other downloads; and any specifications or other documentation (collectively, and including but not limited to the Website, the “Services”);
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- through an opt-in newsletter offered in connection with this Website if you sign-up for that newsletter;
- if you register or login to the Website through a Social Networking Service.
- It does not apply to information collected by:
- OQ offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not: use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Information Provided By or About You That We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Services, including:
- in the event that you register for our Website or sign up for our newsletter, information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, employer/business, social media address(es) or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information“);
- in the event, you sign up for a free trial or for a paid service through our Website or Services, or make any other purchase on or through our Website or Services, transaction and order fulfillment information such as, but not necessarily limited to, billing address, fulfillment instructions and payment card information (such information may in part or in whole constitute Personal Information)
- that is about you but individually does not identify you including but not limited to your position at your employer or company, how you learned about our Website or Services, what industry you work in, other demographic information, and your stated priorities and preferences for using our Website and Services;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- your search queries on our Website or Services;
- any information you submit to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our Website or Services, or transmitted to other users of our Website or Services, or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”);
- information about the computer you use to access our Website or Services, any related equipment and your internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
- information about how you use and access our Website or Surfaces, which may include Website traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or Website our Services;
- if you register or login to the Website or Services through a Social Networking Service, information provided by that Social Networking Service that you allow us to access (for more information, see https://twitter.com/privacy;and/or https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy; and/or https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
- information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (this is discussed in greater detail in Section 5(b) below).
4. How We Collect Information About You
We collect information about you:
- directly from you when you provide it to us including, but not limited to, when you register for our Website or Services, sign up for our online newsletter, complete a transaction, run search queries on our Website or Services, correspond with the Company, post User Contributions or respond to one of our surveys;
- automatically as you use and navigate through our Website or Services and/or through any browser extension obtained from our Website or Services if you have it installed and enabled in your web browser;
- automatically if you register or login to our Website or Services through a Social Networking Service (for more information, see https://twitter.com/privacy; and/or https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy; and/or https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
- through the use of automatic data collection technologies, such as browser cookies; and/or
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
5. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As stated above, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information including, but not necessarily limited to, information about or in connection with you, your activities on our Website or Services or otherwise, the computer you use to access our Website or Services, your browser and your internet connection.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve our Website and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including but not limited to enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and Services according to your individual interests and needs; speed up your searches; and, recognize you when you return to our Website or Services.
As stated above, we may also collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services user automatic data collection technologies such as (but not necessarily limited to) cookies, local shared objects and user data persistence modules. This kind of information collecting is known as behavioral tracking.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
7. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present our Website and Services and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website and Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and Services;
- to provide to our third-party vendorswho assist us with operating, maintaining, and improving our Website and Services by providing us with services, such as email delivery, operation of discussion forums, other information technology services, payment processing services and other services, and who receive your data for the limited purposes of providing us with such services;
- to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data when you register for our Website or Services or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
- to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
8. Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of OptiQ.ly, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by OptiQ.ly, Inc. about users of our Website and Services users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- otherwise with your consent.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms of Serviceand other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and/or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OptiQ.ly, Inc., our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
9. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from OQ. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data when you sign up for our online newsletter or when you register to use our Website or Services, or by logging into our Website or Services at any time and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. Also, if we have sent you a promotional email, you may select the ‘unsubscribe’ link in that or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to or by us in connection with product or service purchases, warranty registration, support for any product or service, product or service experiences or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data when you sign up for our online newsletter or when you register to use the Website. Also, you can adjust your preferences at any time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
Please note that we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, those third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
10. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into our Website or Services and visiting your account profile page.
- You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- If you delete your User Contributions from our Website or Services, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on our Website or Services, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.
11. Your User Contributions
Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit your access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Website or Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
12. Social Login
- In order to simplify our registration and login process, we may provide you with the option to register or login and link your account with a third-party social networking service, such as Facebook, Google, and Twitter (each a “Social Networking Service”). If enabled, these services will authenticate your identity, will allow you to log into our Website or Services using a single social login button, and will share certain Personal Information that you authorize us to collect.
- If you choose to register or login to our Website or Services through a Social Networking Service, we will ask you for your permission to access your data on the Social Networking Service to create an account or to update that account. In addition, we may use this data for several purposes, including:
- Populating Account and Profile Fields: when you are connected via a Social Networking Service, we will pre-populate and update your account with data from the Social Networking Service that you allow us to access. You can update this information at any time on your Account and Profile pages;
- Personalizing our Website or Services: when you are connected via a Social Networking Service, we may personalize our Website or Services by displaying your name and profile picture or avatar (which you can choose to not display and instead show your anonymous screen name and no image) in any location where any of your User Contributions may be posted. We might also display lists of content for you that similar users also like. We may additionally use information from your social media profile or your social media activities on our Website or Services to personalize content for you and offer features and opportunities tailored to your interests; and
- Aggregate Reporting: when you are connected via a Social Networking Service, we may use data from the Social Networking Service that you authorize us to access to learn more about the demographic information of our users.
- You may disconnect from a linked Social Networking Service at any time by visiting the “My Account” or “My Profile” section of the Site.
- No information about you collected on our Website or Services will be shared with a linked Social Networking Service without your authorization. This means, for example, that nothing will be posted to your Facebook wall, Google account, or Twitter feed unless you give us specific permission to do so, and your Social Networking Services friends and followers will not be contacted at any time. Our Website or Services will not store or utilize the names of your Social Networking Services friends or followers even if they are provided to our Website or Services by a Social Media Service during registration or login.
- Social Networking Services provide varying levels of control over the extent to which content or information you may submit to our Website or Services is also made public and shared on linked Social Networking Services. When you use a Social Networking Service to log into our Website or Services:
- the Social Networking Service may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Website or Services, and it may notify your connections on the Social Networking Service about your use of our Website or Services; and
- such Social Networking Service may also employ unique identifiers that allow your activity to be monitored across multiple websites for purposes of delivering targeted advertising to you.
13. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website or Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All Personal Information and any other information related to payment transactions will be protected by industry-standard encryption and data protection measures at all times. Any payment card information you provide to our Website or Services will be collected by a third-party payment processor and will not be stored on the Company’s computer systems.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Website or Services like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Website or Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website or Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website or Services.
16. Contact Information